Monday, August 25, 2008

Cables, Connectors & Adapters

When training someone to work as a media or audiovisual assistant, they need to learn some basics right away.

At Prairie Lakes AEA, my department provides media support for our many meetings and presentations, so we need to know how to connect various audio and video media devices. Data projectors, PA systems, DVD players and so on. Learning the various cables, connectors and adapters might be a good place to start with a new person.

A connector can be either a plug (male) or a jack (female). For example, you might need a cable that's an RCA plug to an RCA jack.

Here are what they all look like:




RCA plug














RCA jack













XLR (or Canon) plug












XLR (or Canon) jack











BNC plug











BNC jack









Phono (quarter inch) plug









Phono (quarter inch) jack







Mini (eighth inch) plug






Mini (eighth inch) jack










VGA to VGA

2 comments:

ana ga3an said...

It's seems that you have a quite good experience in broadcasting and many other different skills in the same domain\and I do have a question I hope if you could help me in it
I'm doing a documentary movie about my company and the next week I’ll get the final film and I'll receive also the raw movies around 12 Hours so is there a recommended way to receive all the footage
In vhs or DVD or anything else
Is there a rule I must follow while getting the raw movies
Is there a special condition to store it
I'll appreciate your help is my concern
Thanks in advanced

celini2000@yahoo.com

Shailesh said...

Ya i seen all the connectors which required for various plug in.Specialty all Cables for Recorders, Mixers, Wireless, BDS, and Boom Cable Systems. I'll receive also the game around 12 Hours so is there a recommended way to receive all the footage In vhs or DVD or anything else Is there a rule I must follow while getting the games Is there a special condition to store it.
nokia mural 6750